Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Jesse Honeyman

We took a two week camping trip to Oregon this summer.  I polled all my Oregonian friends for campground and "must see" suggestions, and we crafted a pretty awesome trip.  We began with one of my sister Vicki's top recommendations, the sand dunes at Jesse Honeyman State Park.
It was a hit with the kids
They ran.  Slid.  And rolled.
Jonah is telling Travis, "You gotta try this Dad!" There's me in the background rolling down eating a mouthful of sand.  I think I was 19 the last time I rolled down a huge hill like this.  The kids loved watching Trav and I join in.  Parents DO know how to have fun on occasion.
We were cleaning sand out of their body orifices over the next week.  Totally worth it.
Grabbed me a nap while the kids were playing.  Pretty much a perfect afternoon in my opinion.
Some love from my boy.  I got lots of love from Jonah these two weeks we were camping.  He's a quality timer like me and thrives on all our family togetherness.
Our walk to the dunes.  Our girl is getting so big now.  Not too big to hold our hands thankfully.
The playground was a short walk from our campsite.  The kids played a TON of tether ball and challenged any kids willing to take them on.  Even big kids like Trav.
There was also a lovely little lake in our campground too, more on that later, the natives are restless!   

1 comment:

Heather said...

This totally brought me back to when we used to roll down the hill of ivy behind your house! Looks like you all had so much fun.