Trav and I had a very interesting first few years of marriage. Some people sail through their newlywed stage, but not us. We had to work through a bunch of lessons to get to the good stuff. I read this book first on the advice of a friend, and a few months later Trav picked it up. It changed our marriage. It helped us love with our eyes open and to see how we were each unique and different from each other.
We crack up now when we remember how we used to plan birthdays. I took Trav to the Wild Animal Park in San Diego with his family for his birthday. Trav didn't want to be at the Wild Animal Park, I did. Travis got me a tent for my birthday one year too. I didn't want camping equipment for my birthday, I wanted to GO camping. We just weren't quite hitting the mark.
We have always loved each other, but this book helped us love each other better, and we have a lot more fun in the process. Thank you Gary Chapman.

1 comment:
Seriously, Annette, your blogs make me tear up every single time. I love reading them.
Post a Comment