This is just another day at Trader Joe's for us- the kids barricading themselves in the playhouse. The picture's not very clear b/c I walked around with the plastic covering on the back of my phone for two months before realizing it was meant to be removed. Even the simplest things can be a challenge for the likes of me.Anyhoo, we are at Trader Joe's a lot, and Target, and the chiropractors office, and various other errands that come up throughout the week. I don't always manage them with a cheerful attitude, it's more like how quickly can I get these done before the kids self-combust. I've carried myself this way so much that it's now my norm for running errands with them. I don't even consider actually trying to enjoy the time with my kids, be in the moment with them. I just want to survive it.
When I live like that I miss these little gem moments like the one in this picture, my kids happy, playing with each other, actually being quite sweet, and in a public place. I don't want to miss this, I don't want to waste my mommy years in a blur of errands that I just want to get over with, I want to savor each bit of it.
I wrote this week about a wake up call I received at this very Trader Joe's. I suspect I will need several more as I am thick headed, but I don't want to give up on trying to learn to carry myself in contentment and gratefulness for the present.
2 comments:
Jonah looks so much like Papa Greg. Looks like a fun trip to TJs.
At this very spot, Moses pushed all the legos to the ground, causing quite a scene, I was checking out and the trader joes guy looked at me like who's unruly kids are those!! I thought for a moment I might try to go along with acting like they weren't mine, but figured at some point they would give me away, it was awkward!
Post a Comment