Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My New Venture

I had been harboring a small dream for the last few years of writing a small, weekly column about the sweetness and challenge of family life for our local newspaper. I always thought, "wouldn't it be cool..." never thinking it would really happen.
Well last April it did:) It's exactly what I'd been hoping for- a small, weekly column where I get to write about the four most important people in my life and what we're learning through our relationships together. It has been a challenge for me, but I'm starting to relax into it and trust myself just to write from where I'm at. It's not always a master piece, but it's honest and real, and I'm having fun with the experience.
My blog has suffered as a result. A few friends have suggested I link my column to my blog each week. So if you are still interested in hearing the tales of our family, the soccer escapades, birthday parties, shopping trips gone very wrong, conquering the Vernal Falls trails at Yosemite, etc, then continue to tune in and I'll be faithful to link the columns.
My latest column is one of love:) I hope you like it.

4 comments:

La Rodriga said...

Finally...a link to your column :)
I love Trav's creative gift. That's awesome!

Krista said...

I love your column! How exciting! I think you should post a picture of your shirt on your blog for us to all admire!

Christina Ellis said...

This is so awesome! I can't wait to read more! And what a sweet gift...go Trav!

Alyssa said...

Look at you linking things!!! Amazing, and you pretend like you don't know how to do an evite!