Saturday, November 13, 2010

Best Day Ever


We had our last soccer games of the season last weekend, and it was an AMAZING day.

Payton has been crazy aggressive on the field all season, and she didn't disappoint this last game. As soon as the opening game whistle blew she did a cartwheel before going after the ball. I don't know what she's thinking half the time, but her undisguised joy makes her incredibly fun to watch.

Payton scored two goals, one unfortunately was off sides and didn't count, but here's a picture of the second one that did count. She fell going for the goal, the ball bounced off the goalkeeper as she fell, and then Payton hopped back up and made it in on the second attempt. It was all very exciting, I know my voice was getting pretty shrill:).

Davey and Jonah played on the same team this year. I couldn't really get any clear pictures of Davey on the field b/c he was always in the thick of the players, but here he is playing goalkeeper. He was very disappointed because he didn't get much action this game. We assured him it was b/c his team was so good the ball didn't make it down to him. He didn't buy it.

The boys' team had played really well every game this season, but no matter how closely matched the teams were, they lost or tied all their games. They wanted a win desperately. We wanted a win for them desperately, and they finally got it this last game.

Jonah had been working really hard all season for a goal, and Saturday was his day. He did it! It was such a high for all of us. He was over the moon, and so were we. More shrill cheering from me of course. I was so proud of him. Here he's being congratulated after the game.

Jonah came home and immediately made about five different sketches of his goal. He's #11 making the corner kick. He cracks me up.

Seriously, such a great day. There's something truly amazing about sharing your kids' triumphs together as a family. We're still celebrating.

1 comment:

vanth said...

Great pictures, Annie. I feel like I was there. I love Jonah's face with his teammates after his goal. So sweet.