Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Art of Self Entertaining

Davey has had lots of empty time on his hands this last year at home before starting school. He's developed some skills in being content to be on his own. He can happily play, color, read, and just be.
I got off a long phone call with a dear friend the other day and found Davey had suspended all his super heroes from under the table. Why or how he happened upon this activity I have no idea. But he was quite pleased with himself.

It required a lot of patience on his part, and mine, b/c I wasn't allowed to take the picture until they were "just so".

I'm going to miss these days of long time together just me and him. We only just have two short days left before school is out. We'll have to make them count!

2 comments:

cza said...

Wow what a cool place to store superheros.
Bet the kids are excited to have summer here.

Sara Anthony said...

did he use glue on your table? Tell Davey his fans want to know his secret way of suspending muscle men in mid air!