Monday, April 18, 2011

Jonah's Heart

I love to feel productive, to feel like I'm getting projects done around the house.  It can drive me at times, and no one really benefits when that happens.  I can become short, irritable, not the most pleasant mom on the planet.  This is why I really don't ever get stuff done.  I choose to be a nicer mom over crossing things off my checklist.  I wish I could combine the two, but I still haven't found a way yet.  If anyone's found the secret, please let me know.
Sometimes, I forget, and try and take on too much when I'm home with the kids.  I learned my lesson again through Jonah, be in the moment with the kids, there will always be house projects, but there won't always be my three children at home with me.  Jonah is a love, a feisty love, but a love.  

1 comment:

Steve, Karen, Delaney, & Jude Dunlap said...

Sometimes I feel as though you're writing a special blog just for me...because this is SUCH a struggle for me as of late. I am working hard on living in the present and letting things go...thanks for the reminder. :)