Monday, March 21, 2011

Two Please

I imagine no matter how many kids you have, whether it's 2, 3, 4, etc, take one away for a short time, and it's just easier.  When I have pockets of time with just two of my children I am more chill and have more energy for activities that would normally overwhelm me with three.  I tap into my "fun" mom persona that I wish I could do more easily with all three.  I'm working on it.
This spring Trav is planning an overnight camping trip with the boys and Payton and I get a girls' night together.  We'll switch it up next time and Payton will have an adventure with her Daddy, and I'll get me some boy time.  I'm always happy to be reunited with my three, but I do enjoy the different experiences I get when the numbers are changed up.  I think the kids do too.

1 comment:

Christina Ellis said...

Scott's mom makes it a point to offer to take just one of the girls so I can have time with the other. She says that while she loves her four boys, it always made such a big difference when her mom took one or two for the day. I've noticed that Leila is a bit different when it's just the two of us. I'm so thankful for the time alone with just one.