
My girl is at summer camp this week for the first time. I'm so excited for her to have this experience. She's going to LOVE every minute of it.
I'm a bit nostalgic that we are already at a stage in our relationship where I can send her away from me for a week on her own to experience new things and meet new people that I have no idea about. She's navigating all of this without me, using her own skills and instincts.
I know she's going to be awesome. I'm not worried about her making friends or having a great time. I'm more concerned about her personal hygiene. She has yet to take an interest in her appearance, or say, brushing her teeth without being reminded. I'll take these worries over social worries anytime. Although maybe there will be social worries if she's not brushing her teeth??
I can't wait to hear her stories and see the new girl standing before me that is a little bit different from the one who left. You can't have a week of independance and NOT change and grow. Where does the time go?
1 comment:
Payton looks so incredibly happy in this picture. No idea of the mixed experience her mother is having . . .
Post a Comment